Many Caprese salad recipes call for sliced tomatoes, sliced mozzarella and whole basil leaves. This recipe changes things up by using cherry tomatoes and pearl-size morsels of mozzarella. The “small bite” signature of this recipe allows the flavors to mix for a better taste experience of this classic salad.
Caprese Salad with Mozzarella Pearls
Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup mozzarella pearls
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Mix halved cherry tomatoes and mozzarella pearls in a serving dish.
- Just before serving, tear basil leaves and add to salad.
- Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately as a side salad with any fresh summer dish.